First Look: Hot Wheels Halloween exclusive 1966 Batmobile and Ghostbusters Ecto-1...




It is rare for me to hunt down Hot Wheels holiday models.  They tend to be generics or muscle cars, and most don't interest me.  That seems to be slowly changing however.  I have noticed that last few batches there has been at least one model I want, maybe even two.  Then at Christmas 2012 they shocked me with three - a Cadillac CTS-V, a Ford Focus RS, and a Datsun 240Z.  Not to mention a decent Viper I didn't pick up.

Well they seem to be at it again, and the collecting world is ABUZZ...

Take two of the most popular Hot Wheels models of the last few years, tinker with the design, make them a Kroger exclusive, and boom...collectors are all of a sudden very interested in picking up the groceries.

I have had very little luck with holiday models.  I never seem to find them.  I was determined to change that this time, so I hit three Smith's (Kroger in Utah) today, and the third had them still boxed up on the floor.  A little Lamley Group charm convinced the one of the stockers to open it for me, and wallah!  A First Look!

The Slimer Ecto-1 is great, but it is the purple Batmobile that takes the cake for me.  Even though the casting is already old-school Batman, it goes even further with old school colors, highlighted by the orange windows.

You might want to get out to your local Kroger now, because these will go VERY fast.  And for you non-Kroger folks, you know ebay is ready to serve...  (HOLY MARKUP, BATMAN!!)


Hot Wheels 1966 TV Series Batmobile (2012 Kroger Stores Halloween exclusive):








Hot Wheels Ghostbusters Ecto-1 (2012 Kroger Stores Halloween exclusive):







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...