Model of the Day: Tomica Limited Vintage Neo Nissan Skyline Van...


I have actually been excited to photograph this one.

I know I have been singing the praises of Tomica and Kyosho a lot lately, and if it is a bit overkill I apologize.  But just look at this model.  I have said that in 1:64 scale no one does a better job than Kyosho and Tomica Limited Vintage.  And to be honest, there really is no reason to pick a winner.  For obvious reasons Tomica Limited Vintage will not do a Ferrari 458 Italia.  And I don't know if we will see Kyosho do a Toyota Crown Taxi in Japan Transportation livery anytime soon.

So they co-exist, pushing realism in 1:64 to definite new heights, and we collectors all benefit.  Does this take away from my love for Matchbox and Hot Wheels?  No way.  I would imagine if Mattel did $20 1/64 models, they would look similar.  But they don't need to.  I like collecting all these brands.

Back to the TLV Wagon.  Do you know what is great about this model, above everything else?  IT IS A NISSAN SKYLINE C110 WAGON!  (Sorry for yelling.)  "Wagon" is not a synonymous word with "Skyline" the way we perceive them now.  But wagons were offered with many Skylines from the Prince days through the 80's.  I am sure there are many who can give a much better history of the Skyline wagon, including our friends over at JNC, so I will leave that to them.  But props to Tomica for doing this one, and executing the model flawlessly.

And remember, whether you are new to Tomica Limited Vintage like me, or are an old pro, one of the best places to get these models at a great price with very cheap shipping is at Daboxtoys Model Cars, either by way of their TLV store or ebay.  And use the promo-code "Lamley" to get a 7.5% discount on your entire order.  You can even pre-order upcoming TLV, including the highly anticipated Datsun Fairlady 1500 Roadster.  It should be a beauty, just like all TLV.


Tomica Limited Vintage Neo Nissan Skyline Wagon:










Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...