First Look: Hot Wheels Racing '92 BMW M3...


Ok, I have written four different introductions for this post, and deleted them all.  I frankly don't know where to start when it comes to writing about this model.

And there is a good reason for that.  It is hard to figure out where to start, because there is so much to like about the BMW.  I can write about what great a decision by Mattel it was to make this model, and about how nice it is to see some early '90's cars get some attention.

I can write about how good this model looks.  BMW's love to dress in white, and then complete the look with a little signature blue and red trim.  And then just go a little over the top with gold rims.  Yummy.

Or I can write about how happy I am to even have it, considering this model was produced in very small numbers.  In fact, Mattel initially said the HW Racing line was cancelled and that this last batch would not even be done.  That was until a small number of cases appeared in Brazil.  Then Canada.

So there is a lot to write about, but considering the interest that this set is getting, I think if I write more, everyone will get annoyed and tell me to get on with it.  They want to see the pics.

So the pics I shall show.

First, make no mistake, this last batch of Racing is going to be very tough to find.  This group that I have came from Brazil, after a very small number of cases appeared there.  And the batch I have is not even staying with me.  The BMW and Greenwood Vette will remain in the Lamley lair, but the rest are headed elsewhere.

So if you have contacts in either Brazil or Canada, I would get to it.  Of course, there is ebay as well.  Yes, you will pay a hefty amount for them, but I think it is worth it.  These will stay in very high demand.  If you are curious, you can find them from a few lucky Canadian sellers using the link below:

Hot Wheels Racing "Road Racers" for sale...


Hot Wheels '92 BMW M3 (2012 HW Racing "Road Racer" Series):








Was 2012 the "Year of the BMW" at Hot Wheels?

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...