First Look: 2014 Hot Wheels Volkswagen Brasilia and the rest of the HW Stunt 5-pack...


It will be a very rare occasion here on Lamley that we will showcase a 5-pack like the "HW Stunt" pack.  Most packs don't even have a hint of collector appeal, with the exception being the yearly Ferrari pack plus a few more.

But HW Stunt, full of generics and busy decos?  Not so much.

But...

The 5-pack's fourth model is one that I collect completely.  Yes, not only did I buy this busy pack, but I paid an extra dollar to get it Kohl's, which badly overprices its toys.  All to get the VW Brasilia.

I am a sucker for Brazilian cars, especially those I drove or commuted in while I lived in Brazil.  Even not counting the fusca and kombi, which are very popular in Brazil, Hot Wheels has done several licensed Brazilian cars - The VW SP2, the Brasilia, the Opala, and in 2014, the Brazilian Charger.

Of all these, I favor the Brasilia the most.  They are still very common in Brazil, they are small but functional, and I love Hot Wheel's racing take the casting.

So that means when a new version of the Brasilia is released by Mattel, I want it.  Even if it has crazy green paint and faux muddy tires.

But let's start with the pack itself.  Here are the 5 models:

RD-03



Amazoom



Roll Cage



Volkswagen Brasilia



Hummer H2



My thoughts on the pack?  It looks like many other packs.  Crazy colorful designs, crazy castings, and one that I would almost always pass on.

But I have a tiny bit of interest in the Amazoom because of its resemblance to Brazilian race cars, so let's have a look at it a little more:





But as we have said, the sole purpose to pick of this pack is to get the Brasilia:






Obviously it is not a design that I really like, but it could look a lot worse.  In fact, I kind of like the color, as well as the wheels.  It might actually fit in nicely in a jungle race...that I would never attend.  Alas, I'll take it.

(Find the Hot Wheels Brasilia on ebay...)

The family:








The First Edition remains my favorite:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...