Model of the Day: Matchbox Battle Mission 5-pack 1957 GMC Pickup...


Yeah, this has been around for a bit, but it is worth a look.

Matchbox 5-packs (actually, all Mattel 5-packs) have not been high on the purchase list of late.  I purchased an Exotics 5-pack earlier this year, plus a couple from Hot Wheels, but that is about it.  Not a complaint, mind you.  5-packs are all about attracting the kids, so bright colors and exaggerated models prevail.

But there are models I will buy no matter how much it costs to get them.  The 1957 GMC Pickup is definitely one of them.  From the Walmart exclusive from a few years ago to this new military version, this model always looks good.

As much as current pickups bore the hell out of me, I can't profess my love for classic pickups enough. Doesn't matter the make, anything from the 80's and earlier with a bed is a Lamley pleaser.  And the GMC is as good-looking as they come.  I fancy the black version the most, and this military version, minus the grey grill and way-too-modern "MBX" logo in the rear, looks swell as well.

So I collect them all.  And I photograph them.  And I post them.  And they are all here.  Enjoy...

(Find the '57 GMC Pickup, including that hard-to-find Walmart exclusive, on ebay...)


Matchbox 1957 GMC Pickup (2013 5-pack exclusive):








The crew:

2010 Basic

2010 Walmart exclusive

2010 10-pack exclusive

2011 Lesney Edition

2011 Basic

2011 Farm 5-pack

2013 Battle Mission 5-pack

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...