First Look: Hot Wheels '70 Chevelle SS in black...


Man I like this model.  When we featured the first version of this model all done up Gulf-style, we wondered aloud what the inspiration was for its style.  Its Japanese queues were apparent, and its designer Jun Imai hinted at some clues.  Still, I haven't seen a Chevelle in real life that looks anything like this one, but that doesn't bother me one bit.



I still think this is the best-looking Chevelle Hot Wheels has ever done.  And now we have the third version this year, and second with the Edelbrook design.  And while I will always default to the Gulf colors as my favorite automotive combo ever, I think this black design suits the model better than any other.

At least I can compare them.  The red Toys R Us exclusive was gobbled up quickly, and if it wasn't for a very nice TRU manager who went to the back room and retrieved one for me before they put the bins on the floor, I would not have one.  So I am very appreciative to have all three.

Which of the three is your favorite?

I think this model has a bright future.  It seems to be popular with all kinds of collectors, and I think it is safe to say we will see this as a Super TH very soon...

(Find the '70 Chevelle SS on ebay, including the hard-to-find TRU exclusive...)


Hot Wheels '70 Chevelle SS (2013 New Models recolor):
















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...