Model of the Day: Kyosho Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86)...


In keeping with a certain Toyota theme over the next several days (2000GT Super yesterday, new Supra tomorrow, HW AE86 variation alert coming soon) let's jump away from our friends at Mattel for a minute, but keep ourselves in that "Oh, What a Feeling!" range.

And oh what a model.  I have had my eyes peeled for a Kyosho AE86 for some time now.  Older Kyosho models are becoming harder and harder to find, particularly their JDM ranges.  We have seen a lot of European and American makers coming out of the Kyosho factory of late, and while many of those ranges have been superb, nothing beats Kyosho's Japanese car models.  We are happy to see a Mazda set just over the horizon, but if you want some of the other signature JDM cars, you have to go back.

I am still after a 1:64 Kyosho Kenmeri, as well as a 2000GT, but I have my Hakosuka, and now I finally have my hachiroku.  It is not bearing the famous black and white Initial D duds, but I am very happy with the silver and black.  Plus Kyosho's mini black watanabes are a treat.

In case you are wondering, there is currently one Kyosho 1:64 AE86 on ebay this minute.  And you can always find a slew of Kyosho models over at DMC (daboxtoys).


Kyosho Toyota Sprinter Trueno (AE86):









My tiny Kyosho nostalgic set:




Then and Now:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...