February 11 Matchbox Ambassador Update: What model would you like to see?

Greetings fellow collectors...

This week we have a couple of sneaks, a new set that is just hitting stores, and a question I hope many of you can contribute to.

To start, let me keep you updated that Mattel is reviewing some questions, but different departments have to answer certain questions, so I am still waiting to hear back.

Next, the question for my fellow collectors:


There has been a lot of discussion on the current direction of Matchbox, and a lot of opinions have been offered.  While not as many as years past, there are still some collector-oriented models to be released.  The BMW 1M, Dodge A100, and VW Karmann Ghia Type 34 come to mind.

So I want to ask my fellow collectors to give me two cars that you would like to see Matchbox do.  Now before you just list your two favorite cars, try and be constructive and consider these factors:

1. Pick one current car and one classic car.

2. Keep in mind the current theme of Matchbox.  Unstoppable vehicles.  What would fit nicely into that theme?

Please know that this is not a Mattel-sponsored questionnaire.  This is info that I as Ambassador want to gather, to give me a sense of where the Matchbox collecting world is, and to see if there are some ideas I can pass along when I talk to Mattel.  As I read your answers, I might even put together a final list and get collector's feelings once again.

Please answer here in comments section, on the Lamley Facebook page, email me at lamleygroup@gmail.com, or in the Matchbox forum you frequent.  I hope many of you can contribute.

So what are your choices for the Matchbox's next current and classic car?



As far as sneaks, I only have two FEP's to show.  Mattel is only allowed to show the FEP's, so we are all at the discretion of what they get that week.  The team did say they expect a few this week, so hopefully we have more for you next Monday.  They also said that they got EP's (not Final) of two of the models we as collectors are most looking forward to, and that they look fantastic.  A hint?  One current car and one classic.  We should have FEP's to show in the coming months of those two, and I honestly can't wait to see them.

Let's start with a set just hitting stores.  The first Mission Force set of 2013, Fire Rescue Crew, is just out.  I was just going to report that, but our collector friend Blair Young from Idaho actually found the set at Kohl's and was nice enough to provide photos:



I really do like this Pierce with the black trim and disk wheels, so this may be a set I will buy.

And the sneaks, provided with permission from Mattel.  My guess is these two won't throw the collecting world into a frenzy, but these are the two that came in this week, starting with the latest version of the Road Tripper:


This is not a model I collect, but if I am judging this model's deco against previous versions, I would say this is the best looking so far.

And the other sneak comes from the upcoming Mission Force Military set, the Tracked Missile Launcher:



We should be back next week with more sneaks.

Until then...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...