First Look: Hot Wheels Aston Martin DBS in blue (and all the DBS wheel varis)...


There are general patterns that have emerged here at the Lamley Group.  I am sure regular readers can see them.  I don't do the older stuff.  There are plenty that do, and I hope to get them to contribute some knowledge to the blog in the future.  Other trends?  I can't go too long without talking Japanese cars (it is taking a ton of strength to not ignore everything else and show the new AE86) or Matchbox, and supercar and sports car models get plenty of attention.

Those details generally reflect the actual Lamley collection, but there is one aspect of the collection I haven't spent a lot of time on in the blog:

I love Aston Martins, and I love the DBS, and I love Hot Wheels' version especially.  It was the Aston's release in 2010 that pretty much opened a floodgate when it came to collecting the blue brand.  I could see that modern cars could get as much love as classics and muscle, and could look really good.  The 2010 New Model in glossy silver continues to be one of my all-time favorite Hot Wheels models.

So out came this amazing Aston, done so well with a nice low wide stance, and then it took a year off.  I spent 2011 waiting for the planned Speed Machines version that never happened, and finally in 2012 the DBS came back.  With a vengeance, I might add.  Two colors, but a total of five wheel variations, which we highlight below.  Couple that with the 2010 PR5 wheel variation, and the model has more than made up for its 2011 absence.

And now it is back in 2013, looking stellar in blue.  In fact, I would say this is the best color on this model since its debut in silver.  I still hope to see one in straight black, and maybe one with plain black 10sp wheels, but I am more than happy with this rich blue version...


Hot Wheels Aston Martin DBS (2013 Basic Range):







The two PR5s:


The 4 colors:



The wheel variations:

PR5


10sp (found in Target Valentine Packs):


Chrome trap5 and 10sp (both found in multipacks.  10sp is much harder to find):

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...