First Look (and Variation Alert): Hot Wheels Cars of the Decades AND TRU exclusive Mustang Mach 1's....


I figure I can knock both of these out with one post.

In the last couple of days I have found two different HW Mach 1 models.  The first is a very cool-looking variation on the Toys R Us exclusive metalflake grey model, and the other is the just-barely-out Decades version.

I think it would be very easy to focus a collection solely on HW Mustangs or Camaros.  There are obviously enough of them, and several added each year.  But I have no interest.  I have a few examples of different Mustang and Camaro castings, but don't collect them all.

Until now I have not added any versions of the Mach 1 to the collection.  I just haven't seen a version I like.  That is until I finally came across the TRU version yesterday, and the Decades model today.  The TRU model looks so darn good in metalflake silver with black and gold trim and wheels, and orange, yellow, and black trim over blue make the Decades model a real looker.

Let's a look at the Decades version first:


Hot Wheels Mustang Mach 1 (2012 Cars of the Decades):







And now, the TRU exclusive:



This is easily my favorite version of the Mach 1.  Gold/copper rims with silver, gold and black trim?  Just plain awesome.

But this particular Mach 1 is a little more special.  Take a look at the set of rear OH5 "fatties" it is sporting, and don't tell me that doesn't look a little mean.  If I remember correctly, a wide-rear-wheel version of a past Police version of the Mach 1 is considered a good variation to possess.  I don't have that one, but I have five of these wide-rear-OH5 errors.  They were all at my local TRU, along with a few sporting the normal thin rear MC5 wheels.  I will take the fatties...


Hot Wheels Mustang Mach 1 (Toys R Us exclusive color):







And a comparison:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...