First Look: Hot Wheels Zamac Nissan Skyline R34 (and the rest of the Batch G Walmart Zamac trio)...


We will interrupt our look at new models from Batch H to jump back into Batch G and showcase the newest Walmart Zamac exclusives.  There are three reasons why we are showing these today:

  1. They are just hitting Walmarts and we want to show them while they are still relevant.
  2. These are only sold in the US, and our many friends overseas I am sure want to see these.
  3. Zamac models are so darn fun to photograph.
The word was out that dump bins full of G case cars were hitting Walmart, so during my travels today I stopped by two.  At both I found plenty of Zamacs, and bought two sets (plus 6 extra R34's, which have a purpose).  I might go back and buy a couple more sets.  For me personally, and for many readers here, this set is a nice step up from the last grouping of three.  But then again, any time there is an R34 in any set, it will instantly be one of my favorites.

And with that in mind, the R34 is the star here.  The Nova, an oft-used casting, looks really nice, and the Camaro works well, but the Skyline shines (literally) brighter than both.  Obviously the first edition of this model evokes the Nismo Z-Tune, but the Zamac becomes almost the fantasy version of the, with all its metal glory.  And maybe it is just me, but I am digging the gold wheels against the Zamac body.

Many have wondered what would be the next HW Bugatti Veyron, meaning the next model that was once easy-to-find, all of a sudden becoming highly sought-after.  If I had to guess, I would say the R34 would be a good candidate.  Japanese cars continue to surge in popularity here in the US and overseas, and folks are discovering the place the R34 GT-R takes in Japan's rich automotive history.  So as more people discover the Hot Wheels R34, I think demand for the once easy-to-find Skyline will skyrocket.  Only time will tell...

(Overseas collectors, these are exclusive to US Walmarts, so now might be the best time to buy some, at least while the ebay market is saturated.  Find them here.)


Hot Wheels 2013 Walmart Zamac exclusives:



Nissan Skyline GT-R (R34):












'66 Chevy Nova:





'10 Camaro SS:



Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...