First Look: Hot Wheels 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS...


Alright, I have a few questions about this one:

1. Is this model based on a real car? 

Yes, I know the Chevelle.  Duh.  But I have never seen a Chevelle made up this way.  And I know how to use Google!  If anyone knows, fill us in.

2. Who designed it?

Whoever did, kudos.  It model may have been totally dreamt up by a creative designer, and I kind of hope it was.  I would love to hear what ideas generated this one.

3. Does this car look as Japanese as I think it does?

I will happily admit to naivety, but the flared wells, the low stance, the rear spoiler...is there a reason many think this is a Hakosuka Skyline before they give its profile a second glance?

4. Is this my favorite Hot Wheels Chevelle casting?

Yes, by a mile.  Maybe I am being swayed by the Gulf colors, which make any car look sexy, but this model is such a different take on the Chevelle.  I don't know what the future holds deco-wise, but at this moment I will relish in its awesomeness.  (In case you are wondering, the SS Wagon was my favorite until this one came out.)

5. Did Mattel figure out the whole "You want chrome bumpers, you get a chrome interior!" problem?

Maybe.  If you look closely, the driver's seat is molded into the base, and that leaves the front dash and middle console in chrome.  Looks to be a brilliant solution to the chrome interiors that so many collectors despise.  We will see if they use that again on future castings.

6. Do you like this one?

You tell me.  Have a look at the pics...

(2013 Chevelle SS for sale...)


Hot Wheels 1970 Chevrolet Chevelle SS (2013 New Model):


















Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...