First Look: Hot Wheels Green Racing Team Ferrari 458 Italia...


This model came as a bit of a surprise.

Just last week we profiled the Ferrari 458 Challenge that will be part of Batch G when it hits the pegs next month.  There was a mixed reaction to the...shall we say...busy deco that the model is sporting.  And while I would always prefer a Hot Wheels Ferrari to look more like one I would see on the road or the track, I can more than happily live with it.  And it does add a bit of variety to the collection.

It wasn't a day or two later that a Lamley friend informed me on our Facebook page that he had found another HW 458 Italia in a "Hot Wheels Test Facility" DVD 4-pack at Target.  Now I was intrigued, and sure enough I found the pack this weekend.  The price for the 4-pack is $9.99, which is probably a bit steep for four models (3 of which have already been released) and a DVD.  But $10 can't keep me away from another Ferrari.


Well I have properly released the model from its prison and given it a good look.  And I have to say, if Mattel wants to create an over-the-top graffiti-filled racer, they have succeeded, and I really like it.  The entire body is covered in deco, and it has full detailing on the front and rear.  Plus, doing the racing wheels in black is a bonus.  No red or blue wheels here.

So I am a fan.  I am sure many of you will hate this version, but oh well.  The only problem is it makes the basic model look a little too incomplete...

(Hankering for a normal version of the Ferrari 458?  Find it here...)

Hot Wheels Ferrari 458 Italia (HWTF exclusive):







And with the basic version:








Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...