Models of the Day: Hot Wheels Walmart Exclusive Pink Combat Medic, Ford Thunderbolt, and '67 Pontiac Firebird 400...


The Hot Wheels Pinks.

I don't know if Hot Wheels has done something like this in the past to recognize Breast Cancer Awareness Month, but that doesn't matter.  I really like this idea and I hope pink exclusives pop up again next year.

Their intended purpose as an awareness tool is what makes them most significant.  What makes them a trending topic among collectors is that it seems only a few people can find them.  This last month was a little odd when it came to Hot Wheels distribution.  Kdays happened in mid-September, and that was the first place 2013 models were seen in the US.  Soon after that final batch of 2012 appeared, which included a handful of 2013's as well.  About that time some reported finding the Pinks mixed in with the final 2012 batch.  Strangely, all of a sudden the first case of 2013 appeared.

It seems now that most of what is hitting Walmart comes from the 2013 A case, and the bins that contained the Pinks were distributed sporadically.  You know that I travel the state of Utah almost every week, and that affords me the opportunity to visit quite a few Walmarts.  Guess how many stores had the Pinks?  One.

This of course could mean that we will have deluge of the Pinks in discount stores a few months from now.  It could also mean they stay rare, and just happened to be made in small numbers.  I have no idea, so we just wait and see.

One way or the other, I am happy to have a set.  Of the three, I like the Firebird the best, but none are models I collect.  I admire what they represent, and think it is appropriate to buy a set or two to show my support.  And you know what?  They are pretty cool.  The Hot Pink stands out, and on the Firebird especially it really looks good.

Need the Pinks?  This may be the best option at this point...


Hot Wheels 2012 Walmart Pink Exclusives:

Combat Medic



Ford Thunderbolt



'67 Pontiac Firebird 400




Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...